A woman who cradled one of the two boys who died following a stabbing attack in Bristol has described the incident to Sky News.
The pair, aged 15 and 16, were stabbed shortly before a group of people fled the scene in a car.
The boys were attacked in Ilminster Avenue, in Knowle West, at about 11.20pm on Saturday, Avon and Somerset Police said.
A witness revealed how she ran out into the street to help one of the fatally wounded teenagers after returning home from celebrating her own son’s birthday.
She said: “I heard a voice out the front of the house and I saw one car parked at the top of the road and another sort of in the middle of the road.
“A kid just got in the car and slammed the door shut, then I saw one of the boys walking across the road and fall flat on his face.”
Image: A vigil was held on Sunday. Pic: PA She added: “I just ran over to him to comfort him because I didn’t want him to be on his own.
“I had his head in my lap, telling him to stay with us, and just cradled him.”
The woman, who said she knew the teenager, described him as “a good boy, not a troublemaker at all”.
She said the boy spoke a few words, including his name, while she cradled him in the street, but that she “couldn’t make out much else of what he was trying to say”, adding that “he was completely white”.
Image: Police and forensic investigators at the scene in Knowle West. Pic: PA A 44-year-old man and a 15-year-old boy were arrested on Sunday and remain in police custody.
Police have launched a murder investigation and said there were further suspects being sought from the attack.
It is not yet known whether the attackers and victims were known to each other.
A vehicle has also been seized.
Police arrived at the scene within minutes and provided first aid.
The victims were taken to two hospitals – Southmead Hospital and Bristol Royal Hospital for Children – by ambulance, where they died in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Neither boy has yet been identified and post-mortems are due to be carried out.
Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player
Two teenage boys have died after being stabbed A vigil was held on Sunday near the scene of the attack, where people lit candles and placed flowers for the victims.
Bristol Commander Supt Mark Runacres said: “Our collective thoughts are with their families at what is undoubtedly a very difficult time.
“Specialist family liaison officers will now be assigned to the families to provide them with support and keep them updated on the investigation.”
He said house-to-house inquiries were under way and several witnesses had been identified.
He also confirmed CCTV and doorbell footage was being gathered and a mobile police station was being set up near the scene.