The ferrets were unharmed in the fire, which is thought to have been caused by “large amounts of debris against a heater”.
Thursday 6 April 2023 11:19, UK
Two ferrets have been rescued from a housefire in South Wales.
South Wales Fire and Rescue Service has warned people to keep flammable materials away from heaters.
The fire, in the county of Caerphilly, is suspected to have been caused by “large amounts of debris against a heater”.
Fire services have previously said that fire prevention is “more important than ever” as more people turn to electric heaters and log burners during the cost of living crisis.
The fire service received reports of the fire in Risca at around 8.15pm on 30 March.
Crews from Risca fire station and Duffryn near Newport attended the scene.
Firefighters used specialist equipment to extinguish the fire and the incident was under control by around 9.11pm.
Read more from Sky News:
Boy, nine, discovers ‘200 million-year-old fossil’ on Welsh beach
‘Extremely obese’ cat who could ‘barely walk’ in search of new home
The public has also been warned by the fire service not to leave heaters unattended in light of the incident.